Paul S. Rabinowitz, M.D.
Dr. Paul S. Rabinowitz is recognized by Atlanta Magazine as one of “Atlanta’s Top Allergists” and has been a featured faculty speaker on the treatment of allergic rhinitis, asthma, COPD, asthma COPD overlap syndrome, and urticaria.
Paul S. Rabinowitz, M.D.
- Travels nationwide to present allergy treatment topics to doctor groups
- Frequently presents programs to doctors in the Atlanta area
- Recognized by the media as an expert allergist. Dr. Rabinowitz has appeared on
Originally from New York, Dr. Rabinowitz has called the Atlanta area home since 1984 when he joined Allergy and Asthma Consultants.
He served in the US Army, attaining the rank of Major, and was chief of allergy service at Ireland Army Hospital in Ft. Knox, KY.
He is a family man who enjoys traveling with his wife and four children (when they can all be gathered together). His oldest son, who just graduated medical school, recently started his orthopedic surgery residency. His adult daughter works in the fashion industry in New York; another son is a computer science major in college; and his youngest son currently plays baseball in high school. In the past, he sponsored his youngest son’s baseball teams; and for many summers Dr. Rabinowitz volunteered as a camp doctor in Cleveland, GA at a summer youth camp.
He worked with Habitat for Humanity helping to build homes in the metro-Atlanta area.
He is a fitness enthusiast who stays current with the latest trends in nutrition and life extension.
Dr. Rabinowitz is also a trivia buff. While in college, he was a five-day undefeated champion on the NBC quiz show Who, What or Where. He continues to demonstrate his amazing recall of facts while watching Jeopardy with his family.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Atlanta Magazine “Top Doctors” in Allergist category
- Listed in America’s Guide to Top Physicians
- Vitals.com Awards:
- Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2014)
- Patients’ Choice Award (2010 – 2014)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010 – 2014)
- Top 10 Doctor – State (2014), Georgia, Allergist & Immunologist
- Top 10 Doctor – Metro Area (2014) Atlanta, Allergist & Immunologist
- On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
- IAHCP’s Leading Physicians of the World
- Awarded America’s Most Honored Professionals 2019 by The American Registry
- Martin Van Buren High School, Queens, NY(Class Salutatorian)
- Queens College Flushing, NY – BS (Graduated Magna Cum Laude & Phi Beta Kappa)
- Downstate Medical School, Brooklyn, NY – MD
- Internship in Internal Medicine – Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL
- Fellowship in Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Immunology – National Jewish Hospital
- Fellowship in Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Immunology – Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Denver, CO
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Dr. Rabinowitz has published multiple articles, including “Various Therapies in the Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.” He also wrote the chapter on “Treatment of Anaphylaxis” in the Manual of Clinical Problems in Asthma, Allergy and Related Disorders. He has served as a principal investigator or sub-investigator on more than 70 pharmaceutical research studies. Additionally, Dr. Rabinowitz has presented research on the treatment of asthma and allergic rhinitis at meetings of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, and the Association of Military Allergists.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever), Asthma, Sinusitis, Food Allergy, Hives, Eczema, Anaphylaxis, Immune Deficiency, Chronic Cough, COPD, Asthma COPD overland syndrome, Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy (Allergy Shots), Bee Sting and Fire Ant Allergy, Penicillin Allergy, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Reflux (GERD)